What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. It also includes any information you submit when you contact us through our website.
2. We also get technical information when you use our website.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our website. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data. When you use Designer Cabinetry, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Designer Cabinetry, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Designer Cabinetry on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Google Analytics Data. Like millions of other websites, we use Google Analytics on Designer Cabinetry to help us figure out things like what website you came from to get here, how long you stay for, what kind of computer you're using, etc. We use this information anonymously (we don't combine it with other information about you), and in aggregate to improve our site. The information allows us to better understand what kind of people come to the website and what features they're using. This allows us to make decisions about what kind of things we should build and better understand who is vising our site. You can opt out of Google Analytics by getting the opt out browser add on. We also use remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick platform integrations, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to help us bring new users to the site and to engage with our users on other sites.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Designer Cabinetry and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Showing you products or ads you might be interested in.
- Responding to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Designer Cabinetry does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Designer Cabinetry. For example, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Designer Cabinetry is a cabinetry website. When you upload photos or write reviews, anyone can view them. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Google) when you’ve chosen to link to your Designer Cabinetry account to those services or publish your activity on Designer Cabinetry to them.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Designer Cabinetry; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Designer Cabinetry is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Designer Cabinetry after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.